   Re: [xml-dev] Yet another plea for XUpdate (was New XSLT, XPath, and XQu

http://www.xmldatabases.org/projects/XUpdate-UseCases/
> http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate/
>
> One problem, for sure, is that the spec needs
> polish.

XUpdate is an overly verbose XML syntax that only does
updates. This doesn't solve the SQL for XML problem.
On the other hand, this was the original goal of
SiXDML, one which I think it accomplishes rather well.

http://www.xmldb.org/sixdml/
http://www.xmldb.org/sixdml/sixdml-lang.html
http://www.xmldb.org/sixdml/sixdml-api.html
http://www.25hoursaday.com/sixdml/demo.html

However, I'm unsure of what its chances of catching on
are due to political reasons. :)

If you are interested in learning more about SiXDML,
subscribe to sixdml-dev@xmldb.org

DISCLAIMER: SiXDML is the result of research work I
did while in school and has no relation to my current
employer. Specifically, it has no relationship with my
day job besides the fact that it is also an XML
technology. Please note the usage of a personal email
account to send this email.