   Re: [xml-dev] Call for example of server enabled for XML multiplereprese

[Bjoern Hoehrmann]

> >If on the other hand the following request is sent:
> >
> >GET /myfolder/mydoc.xml HTTP/1.1
> >host: www.mydomain.com
> >accept: text/html
> >
> >The server replies with an HTML representation of this XML
> >document.
>
> Does not make sense to me, if I want to publish a document, I use XHTML,
> if I want to publish a vector graphic, I use SVG. Having the same
> content in XHTML and SVG seems to be inappropriate use of one of these
> technologies.

If I wanted to send a gipped document but the receiver can't dealt with
it,then I should send the unzipped version.  If I want to send an image in
svg but the receiver can only handle png or gif, I should send one of those
types.  I think that's the idea behind the "accept" header.  Makes sense to
me.

Cheers,

Tom P