   Re: [xml-dev] Call for example of server enabled for XML multiple repres

Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for your comments

Bjoern said:
> SVG is for vector graphics, if I have a lot of text I want to publish on
> the WWW, I won't use a graphics format.

Didier replies:
Off course it depends on the publication requirements. If this is for a
restricted audience having either an SVG browser or an extension like the
one provided by Adobe, then we can use SVG for sophisticated layouts like
multi-column layout. In fact, working with SVG I discovered that if you use
stylesheets, and your target document's consumers have an SVG enabled
browser, then SVG rendition is superior to XHTML rendition. Off course, you
can still use XHTML as a container document but it is not necessary. So, SVG
is not restricted to graphic usage, it can be used for sophisticated
layouts. It all depends off course on your publication requirements.

cheers
Didier PH Martin