   RE: [xml-dev] PSVI formalization

At 02:18 PM 5/9/2002 -0700, Dare Obasanjo wrote:

>Can you please name any of these 3 implementations so I can take a look
>at them? I personally have not seen an implementation that allows one
>access to the [validation context], [validity], [schema normalized
>value] or [validation attempted] properties of an attribute information
>item in an XML document.

I don't think the PSVI people need for normal implementations would include
these things. The current PSVI is really at the wrong level of abstraction.

>Please point me to an implementation that supports all the PSVI
>contributions to an XML infoset as specified in the W3C XML Schema
>structures recommendation.

Say what? That would be insane!

But there is an implementation that comes close, and also serializes the
results as XML - Richard Tobin's XSV. Here's documentation for the
serialization format:

A schema for serialized infosets
Richard Tobin and Henry Thompson, LTG, University of Edinburgh
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/serialized-infoset-schema.html

But please, let's not just ape that.

For a much more minimal set of operations, it's worth looking at this:

Document Object Model (DOM) Level 3 Abstract Schemas and Load and Save
Specification
Version 1.0
W3C Working Draft 14 February 2002
http://www.w3.org/2002/02/WD-DOM-Level-3-ASLS-SaintValentin/
Particularly this
part:
http://www.w3.org/2002/02/WD-DOM-Level-3-ASLS-SaintValentin/abstract-schemas.html

There are three more that may or may not have been publicly announced, two
from companies you are probably familiar with. I have no idea whether these
companies want to go public. W3C members can see the relevant information here:

http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Schemas.html

These are the ones I find particularly interesting. Anybody know public
information on these?

Jonathan