   Re: [xml-dev] The vision for XPath 2.0

Hi Jonathan,

> In practice, I think most people are thinking of XPath 2.0 as the
> part of XQuery that gets used in XSLT.

That's not true of XSLT users. I think most XSLT users are (or were)
thinking of XPath 2.0 as XPath 1.0 plus the bits that they're not able
to do in XPath 1.0 (some more functions, general steps, date
manipulation). I doubt most XSLT users care about XQuery at all,
except in so far as it seems to have hijacked XPath 2.0 development.

I wish we could hear more from the other communities that use XPath --
how do people feel about XPath 2.0 in XPointers, or in XForms?

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison