   Re: XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0 - Assumptions

At 07:20 AM 5/12/2002 -0400, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:

>Jonathan told us the other day, as I recall, that XPath users were in
>favour of XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0 as proposed. Again, as I recall, he
>"happened" not to answer the question as to who said that? Maybe he will
>clarify now who stated that the XPath community was happy with the proposals.

I think I am being misrepresented rather seriously here.

I have said on several occasions that the reason those features are in
XPath 2.0 is that some on the Working Groups believe that the XSLT / XPath
communities want these features. I think that we have several prominent
members of these communities on XML-Dev. I have been encouraging them to
express their views as to what is needed, saying that I don't think we
should add these features if the community does not want them.

>How many in the XPath community were consulted on the question?

I don't know, how many in the XPath community are there on XML-Dev? When I
started the thread, "XPath 2.0 - how much of XQuery should it include?", I
think that amounts to consulting them.

Jonathan