   Re: [xml-dev] frustration (was RE: [xml-dev] XPath 2.0 )

Okay, here's a noun:

  PSVI

Here's a request to trim a feature (note the use of verbs):

  Drop PSVI. A lot of people claim they need it, but it's poorly conceived.

Repeat, with "strong typing" as the noun.

Or is that too much concrete all at once?

Come on, Jonathan.  The W3C's made one enormous mistake and you seem
fervently intent on compounding it.  Given that mistake, I don't believe
that picking out particular operators or functions is useful.  I'll be
happy to work on a guide to the spec that subsets the enormous tower you
seem intent on building, but I'm not willing to wait my time pretending
use cases are useful for substraction.

You seem intent on controlling the nature and even grammar of the
conversation.  Hence my immense frustration.  It's very generous of
others to play your game.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!