   Re: [xml-dev] Objections to / uses of PSVI?

Rich Salz wrote:

> I object to mandating PSVI because -- as a toolkit implementor the pain
> of having to implement XSD far exceeds the benefits gained.  I'll try to
> coerce marked-up data to primitive numeric types on the fly, as needed.
>   I don't need to parse a perl-style regexp to see how many digits are
> allowed. :)

A very good point, and one that I had overlooked. (Especially when you
consider that implementing the PSVI means being able to return the types
of complex elements according to the XML Schemas data model.)

Would you be averse to something PSVI-like if it only meant returning a
much-restricted set of simple data types?

-- Ron