   Re: [xml-dev] How to spell "No PSVI" in XSLT 2.0 ?

Arjun Ray wrote:

>Frankly, I don't even understand the problem.  Are you saying that the
>graphics package generates the XSLT for you?  (In that case, I sympathise
>but I don't see how it's relevant - you're simply stuck with the tools you
>have.)  Are you cutting-and-pasting swads of graphics package output into
>an XSLT stylesheet?  (Again I sympathise, and again you likely need better
>tools - or a different approach to the problem.)  Are you creating oodles
>of SVG elements by hand in your XSLT stylesheet?  (Which would be the
>*point* of raising the issue of "50:1" or "100:1", but then I don't see
>how the graphics package is relevant.)

Option 2 - the graphics package generates the SVG, and at build time I
created my transforms by slapping an xsl:transform element round the
SVG, then inserting the necessary xsl:template, xsl:for-each and
xsl:value elements.

I don't need better tools - the XSLT approach is perfect for this
requirement. I really can't see any other approach that wouldn't involve
an explosion of labour and file size.

Francis.