   RE: [Sax-devel] Re: SAX survey: expected local name for non-namespace q

At 12:42 PM 6/2/2002 -0700, Yuval Oren wrote:
>Regardless of what's more natural, at this point doing anything other than
>sticking with the current specification would be pointless. Take this
>document:
>
><my:doc/>
>
>With namespace processing off, SAX2 compliant parsers can provide a
>localName value of either "" or "doc", while qName must be "my:doc". If this
>were changed in a SAX 2.1 release, 2.1-compliant parsers would always
>provide a localName value of "my:doc". That would bring us back to square
>one: you can't rely on localName when namespace processing is off.

And my point is that the localName is "my:doc" and the QName is meaningless
in this case.

It's nice to realize how inflexible a parameter-based API can be, I suppose.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue