   Re: [Sax-devel] Re: SAX survey: expected local name for non-namespace qu

On Friday 31 May 2002 18:14, David Brownell wrote:
> > What is the localName in "foo:bar" and "foo:bar:foo" which are legal
> > element names in XML 1.0 and should therefore be passed through when
> > namespaces are off?
>
> I'd expect that localName would still be defined to be the syntactic
> "strip off the only prefix" transform of qName that it is in other
> cases ... so "foo:bar" would become "bar", and "foo:bar:foo" would
> be an error (normally reported as an empty localName).

I don't think that makes much sense... If namespaces are off, then there is
no such thing as a prefix to be stripped off. And raising an error for the
latter would be a strange decision knowing that it's a legal name when
namespaces are off.

--
Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com> -- for hire: http://robin.berjon.com/
  Avoid clichés like the plague.