   Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema considered harmful?

I wanted to make one more comment -- regarding the length of schemas --

The concepts which XML schemas represent do not need XML syntax, it is
sometimes difficult to understand what we are trying to do when we use
this syntax.

I had always wished some conceptual way of representing schemas in non-XML
syntax -- abstracting out the necessary features.

I am very glad that RELAX NG recently came up with a non XML syntax also..
I have not checked it out, but I am confident it will be useful.. I am
sure that XML syntax might be useful in several scenarios (though I do not
know when, and I do not think i need them at this point of time).

Also, Thomas, if you can show me how you use substitution groups, that
would help.. we can take it offline..

thanks and regards - murali.