   XForms processors generalized API [proposal]

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: XForms processors generalized API [proposal]
  • From: "Peter V. Mikhalenko" <xml-dev@sigent.ru>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 03:10:36 +0400
  • Fl-build: Fidolook Express 2000 UIExt. BuildID: 3BC00FAD (7/10/2001 12:17:49).

Hello, xml-dev members!

This article/proposal was mailed also to XForms-W3C maillist, but didn't
find any response, please excuse me for crossposting...

There are some partial XForms WD implementations that can easily be found in
the net, but each of them is using its own API that is not compatible with
each other. And at the moment many developers have to wait for the product
that would implement standard in part they need and that would fit their
needs.
In the area of XML parsers, for example, this problem was solved by creating
some kind of generalized API and after that each parser had to implement
that interface (Java developers understand me - it is JAXP and other XML
related APIs (JAXM etc.)). And if I want to change parser, I simply change
the parser and do not need to change my written code.
So what do you think, would it be good idea to create some kind of Java
interface
(for ex. JAFP) for that purposes?

__
Peter V. Mikhalenko