-----Original Message-----
From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) [mailto:clbullar@ingr.com]
Sent: 05 June 2002 21:55
To: 'Elena Litani'; Simon St.Laurent
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Wouldn't it have been better to provide something
analogous to DOCTYPE support where

<!DOCTYPE thisIsTheROOTforThisPass

is explicit rathen than relying on syntactic
position which may be accidental?

len

From: Elena Litani [mailto:elitani@ca.ibm.com]

Xerces doesn't provide a way to specify a validation root, thus the
assumption is that the first element encountered by the
XMLSchemaValidator is the validation root.