   Re: [xml-dev] Xml/xpath/xslt

XSLT and XPath are definitely not limited to Web pages. You can use them
in any application you want. It seems like an XPath implementation would
give you what you want -- just use the query //tag-name

Many native XML databases come with XPath implementations. For a list of
these, see [1]. I imagine there are stand-alone XPath implementations as
well, although I'm not sure what they are other than Xalan appears to
include one [2]. (Suggestions, anyone?)

-- Ron

[1] http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/ProdsNative.htm
[2] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/org/apache/xpath/XPathAPI.html