   RE: [xml-dev] Malicious documents? (WAS: Interesting mailing list & a r

I see that David's talk mentions the dangers of referring to external
XSLT stylesheets. Until recently the W3C site provided a servlet which
would run an XSLT transformation using a user-specified source document
and stylesheet. By calling external Java methods from the stylesheet,
you had total access to files on the web server.

Although W3C have patched their servlet to disallow Java method calls, I
suspect many others are still doing this.

Michael Kay