   Re: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

> But SOAP isn't an app protocol. Agreeing to use SOAP is the networking
> equivalent of "agreeing to use XML" or "agreeing to use Unicode" only it
> actually implies far less practical interoperability than either of
> those statements...

I disagree with this on two points.  First, SOAP is doing a harder
problem, so saying it's just like "use XML" is a gross simplification,
like comparing "use ASCII" to "use HTTP."  Second, from my corner of the
world interop is pretty darn good.

> It's interesting that they are experiencing such success with only XML
> and DTDs, not SOAP, WSDL and XML Schema. But as the article says:

They started before SOAP was available.  I understand they plan to migrate
to SOAP.  They like the web-services soap/wsdl/schema stuff.

	/r$