   Periodic plea for a bit of throttling back

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Periodic plea for a bit of throttling back
  • From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:59:01 -0700

I really make an effort to read xml-dev.  A few more mornings like this
and I'm giving up.  A plea for

- pruning threads when they've gone on long enough particularly when
they have nothing to do with XML or development
- more intelligent quoting.  Having deleted the obvious static based on
title, it would be nice to give each message a glance and see if it's
worth thinking about.  When a message pops up and the first 20 or 30
lines are 3 levels of quoted discourse, I just hit the DEL key.  I don't
think I've read anything from Obasanjo or De Hora in weeks just for this
reason

  -Tim