   Re: [xml-dev] SOAP, XSD, and HTTP

Tim Bray wrote:

> ... Concretely, next time someone like Google comes along and
> says "let's make our stuff available via SOAP because that's the next
> big thing", they'll read the spec, publish a URI, and deliver their
> output in a SOAP wrapper.  What's not to like?

I find it hard to believe that end-users read these specs. End users do
what the tools make easy and I am skeptical that tools will change.
After all they can always say: "nothing is stopping you from responding
to HTTP GET and returning a SOAP message. We just don't provide tools to
integrate that with the rest of your web service."

This IS a step forward but we won't know how big until we see whether it
impacts the tool and service implementors.

 Paul Prescod