   Re: [xml-dev] Come On, DTD, Come On! Thoughts on DSDL Part 9

[Marcus Carr]>
> Terseness in DTD redesign is of minimal importance...;-)

Not mininmal, please.  I think the compactness of DTDs is one of its main
virtues.  Otherwise we might as well use relax ng, which despite its
pleasing regularity compared with xml schema is pretty verbose (yes, I know,
non-xml syntax).  There's a lot to be said for being able to see a list or a
cluster of related element and attributes all together without much space or
intervening characters.

Cheers,

Tom P