   Re: [dsdl-comment] Re: [xml-dev] Re: Re: DSDL: use cases: namespace

Bob Hutchison scripsit:

> There is a class of (very useful to me at least) XML parser that is *not*
> required to deal with either attribute or element declarations in the
> internal subset.

There may be such things, but they aren't conformant.  Every XML processor
has to at least look at ATTLIST declarations in the internal subset so
that it can do attribute defaulting.  The external subset and other
external parameter entities can be ignored completely, but not the
internal subset.

> If what you guys are talking about with namespaces is
> strictly for use within a DTD and we are definitely going to require the old
> namespace declaration style in the actual document,

Oh yes, I don't think there's any question of changing instance syntax here.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com