   Re: [xml-dev] Best Practice - beyond schema

Hi Len,

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>An alternative is to move the local definition to a transformation
>document, eg, XSLT over the XML Schema.   The technical
>advantage here is to have the modifications in a single
>automated document including any value constraint controls
>which presumably will be local  The XML Schema is one and the authority
>is centralized.  The XSLT modifier is one and is owned by the
>local authority.

I have written a utility to include or exclude xsd elements for / from a specific project, using embedded appinfo markup and an XSLT transform that takes the project name as a commandline parameter.

I'll pop it up on a site if anyone thinks it might be interesting

Francis.
--
"Never mind manoeuvre, go straight at 'em." - Admiral Horatio Nelson