   Re: [xml-dev] Best Practice - beyond schema

Rick Jelliffe scripsit:

> 3) Use a different schema language (i.e. RELAX NG) that
> can change its content models depending on an attribute value.
> (However, I note that if you have constraints where the
> attribute is high up in the document and the variation is low
> down, I think you will need to duplicate all the intermediate
> declarations.)

True enough.  However, that duplication can be achieved by putting
the common part in a separate file and including it twice with
different redefinitions.  XML Schema can do this too, I think.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com