   Re: [xml-dev] What Is Type Augmentation and Should We Be Concerned?(WAS

"Thomas B. Passin" wrote:

> If this is the case, then it seems to me that type information, and
> especially complex type information, cannot be said to be a property of the
> document or element in itself.  Instead, it is a joint matter between the
> document and the schema.  If such type information is forced into the
> document  representation, it could greatly reduce the inherent flexibility
> of an xml document to be processed different ways for different purposes.

I disagree. You have the XML document. You pump it through a process
that produces another XML document with extra type annotations based on
some particular schema. You have all of the original in two places, the
original and the type-annotated version. How have you lost any
flexibility?

 Paul prescod