   RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema to relaxNG xslt

Extensible types are a major feature of W3C XML Schema and I don't think
I've seen many schemas that do not use them. A RELAX NG mapping of an
XSD document that doesn't replicate this functionality one way or the
other is a non-starter for most of the uses of XSD that I've seen. Look
through news://microsoft.public.xml & news://microsoft.public.dotnet.xml
compare the ratio of schemata that use type extensibility to those that
do not. A lot of functionality falls under extensible types including
polymorphism via substitution groups and xsi:type which I do not see
RELAX NG being able to do.

I also don't see any RELAX NG equivalent to the identity constraints
xs:unique, xs:keyref and xs:key.

Is there anything akin to xs:redefine in RELAX NG? I couldn't find it in
a cursory reading of the tutorial or the spec.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Any philosophy that can be put into a nutshell belongs there.

rights.