Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Paul Brown" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,"xml-Dev (E-mail)" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] on the subject of schema crunching...
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:57:01 -0700
- Thread-index: AcIa90SErMxbc3P6SYG8e0+v+arr6QAANMu9
- Thread-topic: on the subject of schema crunching...
From: Paul Brown [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Sun 6/23/2002 1:49 PM
To: xml-Dev (E-mail)
Subject: [xml-dev] on the subject of schema crunching...
>Is it possible to take an XML schema -- together with all imports, includes, and redefines, and construct a single "unified" and optimized schema that lives in a single file?
A schema can only have a single targetNamespace while imports reference schemata from another namespace. I can't readily think of any work around to that fundamental restriction to how you can create a single unified schema.
Why exactly do you want to do this anyway?