   Re: [xml-dev] Suggestions for a slightly less verbose (and easier to a

Simon St.Laurent wrote
> >Sure, I was thinking of adding these extensions (perhaps they should be
> >called contractions) as an option to ElCel's xmlcanon [1].  Would anybody
> >find this useful?
>
> As long as it's a separate part and not built right into the parser, it
> sounds good to me.

That would only be possible if the suggested changes were handled by some
kind of pre-processor.  I don't think such a pre-processor would be viable;
it would need to have all the features of an XML parser itself.  However, I
don't see updating the XML parser as being a problem, so long as the
extensions are controlled by options which are disabled by default.

Regards
~Rob