   Re: [xml-dev] Suggestions for a slightly less verbose (and easierto a

At 10:05 AM 6/24/2002 +0100, Rob Lugt wrote:
>Simon St.Laurent wrote
> >
> > I just don't have time to argue with people who cut and paste start and
>end
> > tags of some markup and can't figure out what the end tags were supposed
> > me. Verbosity seems a small price to pay for explicitness.
>
>I think I've read every post in this thread, and I can't see from where you
>conjured up these cutters-and-pasters who don't know their end tags.

I ran into them every day in HTML work, especially in Dynamic HTML work,
where it actually mattered.  They didn't have </>, but they didn't close
their elements because they didn't have to - oh, except for tables where
the browser would freak.  Amazing how long it took people to figure that
one out.

We've been blessed not to have this problem in XML, largely because of the
absence of "features" you are proposing.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue