len

From: W. E. Perry [mailto:wperry@fiduciary.com]

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> But that isn't the same as telling everyone everywhere anytime that without a URI,
> they don't exist.

I have never done such a thing. Why on earth would I?

> It just means they aren't being noticed.

Which is fine. But the internetwork topology is the medium which facilitates
publishing while allowing what is published to be stated in the local terms of its
creation. If you don't want to be noticed, don't publish. You can accomplish that
negative goal either by offering nothing or by offering something only to a limited
group bound, presumably, by a body of shared semantics. The internetwork topology is
the vehicle for something very different--publication of your local understandings
in your local terms to a worldwide audience which presumably does not share
semantics specifically local to you.