   RE: [xml-dev] Suggestions for a slightly less verbose (and easier to aut

What is the value in non-invasivity?

XML is a context-free language.  Perl is effective at matching regular
expressions.  I have found in almost every circumstance that Perl +
byte-stream is always more complicated that XML based processing (ie. using
DOM, SAX, XSLT etc, possibly in conjunction with a higher level language
like perl).