   XML schema for non-XML file?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: XML schema for non-XML file?
  • From: Yaneric Roussel <yroussel@speedware.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:30:41 -0400

Hi!

I would like to extract informations  from non-xml text file and put it
in xml format.

Instead of doing a program for each type of text file I have, I would
like to use a "schema like" file specifying the
structure of my non-xml text file for retriving from it the informations
that I will put in xml.

Have you heard of projects/technologie/etc that do this?

Can I achieve my goal by using XSLT or other xml related technology?

Thanks a lot!

Yaneric Roussel