   RE: [xml-dev] x++: XML-Based Object Oriented Programming Language

  • To: "Kimanzi Mati" <kimanzi_mati@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] x++: XML-Based Object Oriented Programming Language
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:17:35 +0300
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Some similar projects exist, but all of them are bound/mimicking
specific languages. I still haven't seen an IDE that allows editing of
such a markup language to use as a base for producing code in multiple
PLs (python, java, etc). An interesting application would allow editing
of XML with certain output requirements (for example allow or disallow
multiple inheritance or method overloading).

I'd propose the use of XML Namespaces to provide neutral library linking
(that can then be implemented for each target language in unique ways)
but that would be flame bait.

Worth investigating for sure, since it's under the LGPL.

Cheers,

Manos