   Re: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

At 10:04 AM 7/8/2002 -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>  Jonathan wrote:
> > Is XQuery core XML processing? Are these groups really separate? I use a
> > lot of untyped XML, and I do a lot of work with XML that does not involve
> > XQuery.
>
>Actually, I had more the effect of XQuery on XPath and XSLT in mind when I
>wrote that, and the effect of WXS on these and every other spec related to
>XML.  Certainly XPath and XSLT are core de facto, because they have
>permeated every aspect of XML development with which I have experience.

Here, I think I agree with you. There is no need to stuff XSLT and XPath
with everything found in XQuery.

If you want to make yourself heard on this topic, remember our feedback
list [1]. Most members of the Working Groups don't read XML-Dev, and the
feedback lists are a better way to get attention from the Working Groups.

Jonathan

[1] public-qt-comments@w3.org (archived at http://
lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/).