Lists Home |
Date Index |
I am evaluting various XML technologies right now.
Although I have used XML before, but in terms of
the real-world performance, I still need help.
My questions are:
1. I have read numerous comparisons between SAX and
DOM, the test benchmarks mostly did straight comparisons
between the two, I think it is very misleading. Am I
right on this? DOM
2. Most people mention SAX can handle files larger
than memory, but I am thinking, is this really the case,
because files are read into the kernel buffer, so large
files still have to be read into the memory, just not in
user space. Am I right?
3. DOM is memory-thirsty, according to most articles I
read. So DOM's performance lags, does anyone run any type
of profiling, and I am interested in why it is memory
hungry, and poor in terms of performance.
4. What do people think of pull type parsers and DOM
SAX hybrids? Are these popular and stable?
5. Is it possible for SAX to support XSLT?