   RE: [xml-dev] Question for the XPath and DOM folks

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> [...]

Before you even get into those questions, consider Thomas Passin's post,
which said:

>Results:
>
>===> msxml3:
>
>bar
>
>===> Saxon and Xalan (and Sablotron and XT):
>
>bar
>
>baz
>
>quux
>
>Putting the "//text()" up in the select attribute of the template works
>the same in all three (it returns all three strings).
>
>This is a bit unnerving - what else does msxml3 disagree with the others
>on that could lead to a really big difference?

As I see it, that's a much more important question to answer rather than
whether it's a DOM node or who its parents and children are.

[snip]

--
J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/