   Re: XMLSpy 4.4 and use of URN: (was RE: [xml-dev] URIs harmful (wasRE: [

[Michael Leditschke]

Sorry, I must have not changed all the urn: namespaces back to http:/  In
hte examples, they _all__ started out the same (http://) then __all___ got
changed.  I though I had proofread enought, and I appologize.

Cheers,

Tom P

> Hi Tom. I tried to reproduce your results without success.
>
> Given your files below, both XMLSpy 4.4 and XSV 1.4
> produce errors, and I think this is correct.
>
> Your instance document associates the prefix xlink with
> urn:www.w3.org/1999/xlink, yet your schema associates
> xink with http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink. The XMLSpy
> error message is saying that its looking for an href
> attribute in the http:... namespace but didn't find one,
> as the one in the instance is associated with urn:...
>
> XSV complains similarly, and also says that the attribute
> it did find is invalid.
>
> If I take your files and change all references
> to http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink in the schemas  to
> urn:..., XMLSpy and XSV validate the
> instance file ok.
>
> I'm probably missing something obvious, or have
> I misunderstood your concern?
>
> Regards
> Michael

OK