   RE: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question (was Re: [xml-dev] URIs and Names on t

  • To: "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question (was Re: [xml-dev] URIs and Names on the Web)
  • From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:10:54 -0700

> I fully agree that abstract "resources" and "namespaces" should have
an
> authoritative description on the web.  It just seems a conceptual
muddle

BTW, you can get meaningful information about a non-http URN on the web
today.  For example, Google search for ISBN:1-558-60622-X returns a few
pages.  If people chose to start publishing comments to either Usenet or
web pages about URN:ISBN:1-558-60622-X, you can be sure that they would
be accessible to anyone who chose to query.