   RE: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question (was Re: [xml-dev] URIs and Names on t

Hi Steven,

Steven said:

I am working on something just now that is starting to bring up a lot of
questions like this.
The easy way to go about it is to just say it is an identifier of
something - plain and simple. But I get the feeling they can be a lot
more useful than that.

Didier replies:
Since the URN name space can be resolved with DNS servers, then if you
query a DSN server for a particular name which is part of a name space
(ex: ISBN name space) then if the DNS server replies that the name space
doesn't exist, you a have a good clue that it is probably a
"non-digital" name space. Otherwise, the DNS server returns one or more
URLs giving you the different location where this resource resides.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin