   Re: [xml-dev] On Schemas, Namespaces and Syntax vs. Semantics (long

On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 23:17, Tim Bray wrote:
> ... one of the virtues of descriptive markup a la XML is that you
> get to choose what semantics you want to apply.

???

That would mean that...

<moneyTransfer>
  <amount>$1,000,000</amount>
  <account>daniel_account_number</account>
  <account>tim_account_number</account>
</moneyTransfer>

which means "transfer $1,000,000 from daniel_account_number to
tim_account_number", but I can chose to apply the semantics: "transfer
$1,000,000 from tim_account_number to daniel_account_number"

-daniel

  Daniel Dui                                     d.dui@cs.ucl.ac.uk
  Dept. of Computer Science                     (+44) 020 7679 7192
  University College London     http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/d.dui