   FW: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete

 > From: uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
 >
 > Well, AFAIK, the only spec that enshrines the silly
 >
 > <x:foo x:bar/>
 >
 > Practice is the new RDF syntax.  I think this was an
 > astonishingly bad idea,
 > and I've railed about it at length on www-rdf-interest.
 >
 > If such a change in XMLNS breaks such already broken specs,
 > personally, I
 > would shed nary a tear.  The Right Thing is the Right Thing.

This is the Namespaces spec lest we forget; there is no Right
Thing for attribute prefixing. There is only an absence of
specification. If you want to rail on something, please rail
on XMLNS and not on RDF Core for cleaning up their own house.

RDF attributes have been given unique names, not a lexical context
whereof we derive the use and not a we prefix it here we don't prefix it
there. Unless the resolution is technically defective or there is data
that should be brought to RDFCore's attention, I fail to see what's
astonishing.

regards,
Bill de hÓra
..