   RE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:08:04 -0500

In less moderate terms, that is the kind of reasoning
by which we began to ignore aspects of ISO 8879 and
markup developed by practice, the results of which
were XML.

Simon is right.  Ignore the spec and do the right
thing.  That is the historically correct response
to organizations that cannot fix their own mistakes.

len

From: Richard Tobin [mailto:richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk]

I think I agree with Simon on this, though naturally in more moderate
terms.

<snip>

I'm sure we'll have widespread support if we make it an amendment to
Namespaces 1.0.

Yes, I'm joking of course.  I really think it's too late to change it,
and the most reasonable workaround is to always use the prefixed form
when it exists.