   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

> How would this distinction (which is old hat and agreed upon by
> *everyone* in this discussion) be impaired by the specification that
> unprefixed attributes are in their element's namespace?

because currently attributes that are in a namespace are global,
attributes that are not in a namespace are not global. This is a simple
rule that appears to work well as far as I can see.

The proposed change says to consider unprefixed attributes as being in
a namespace, so either they become global, or the above rule has to
change (to some as yet unspecified alternative).

David