   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask thequestion)

On 8/1/02 12:36 PM, "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:

>> What do you think of the situation where x:m attribute in <x:a
>> x:m='1'/> and <x:b x:m='1'/> mean something completely different?
>> This seems to be where you are going to wind up.
>
> I think that's a different problem than what I'm describing, and I'm not
> quite sure what you mean here.  Are you saying that the meaning x:m
> should be the same in both cases because it looks like a global
> attribute?  Or are you saying that forcibly namespace-qualifying
> attributes (something I'm not proposing) is wrong?

What I'm saying is that I see a namespace qualified attribute as a namespace
defined/scoped attribute (that is associated with a specific element). I do
not think the two elements <x:a m='1'/> and <x:a x:m='1'/> have the same
attributes. You seem to be saying that they do have the same attributes. Or
do you mean that in <x:a m='1'/> is in what ever namespace 'a' is in but is
not a namespace qualified attribute? What does that mean?