   Markup perspective not code (wasRE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete)

Aaron writes:
> Simon:
> > Also, for future reference, monasticxml.org isn't particularly
> > interested in the "coder's perspective".  It's squarely and very
> > deliberately focused on markup works, not what's easiest for
> > programmers from other perspectives.
>
> But since you can have to implement your rule at the application level
> (as you admitted), doesn't that imply code?

At some level, everything in computing implies code.  There's a trend,
however, to separate what we want to do from however is most convenient
to coding it on the computer.  If we were all still writing assembler
code (or straight bytes), I don't think we'd really be able to discuss
these issues at all.

XML struck a nice balance between machines and humans.  I'm not inclined
to tilt any further toward the machines.

To the extent that programmers have influenced the development of XML
since version 1.0, I think the impact has been severely negative.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!