   RE: [xml-dev] Markup perspective not code (wasRE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, co

> Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>
> > To the extent that programmers have influenced the development of
XML
> > since version 1.0, I think the impact has been severely negative.

Tim Bray responded:

> Too simple I think.  Particularly given that almost all of the
> advantages of XML over SGML were based on the principle of "leave out
> everything except what programmers actually understand and use." -Tim

I agree with Tim here and have a hard time seeing how XML is a useful
*technology* to anyone but "programmers". Users of "markup" (who are not
devs) are simply using pre-defined vocabularies defined by programmers.

-aaron
http://staff.develop.com/aarons