   Re: [xml-dev] Global/Local attributes

At 09:51 PM 8/1/2002 -0400, Benderjgxd@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/1/2002 8:36:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
>dareo@microsoft.com writes:
>

>>What is broken is the existence of a default namespace. Further mangling
>>Namespaces in XML to accomodate this mistake is unwise and borders on
>>foolishness.
>

>I disagree. What is broken is the possibility of local naming, where any
>namespaces are used. Or rather, what XML Schema seems to call unqualified
>names.

That  cuts even closer than Dare's original posting - I'd considered the
setting of the default namespace to "" when I read his.

Mixing qualified and unqualified seems to be a more fundamental problem
than whether or not we slap prefixes on things.

Hey, progress!

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue