   FW: [xml-dev] Markup perspective not code (was RE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs,

Len Bullard Wrote:
> Being a middle ground between the deep knowledge required
> of the subject matter expert and the training of the
> programmer is what is needed...

Agreed. Whether you use a team approach or have an individual with
experience in both sides of this issue, incorporating the knowledge of both
the subject matter experts and the programmers is important. It is not an
either/or proposition. Effective communication and education on both sides
is key.

P.S. The original draft of this response included a case study to illustrate
this concept, but it got rather lengthy, so I though I would spare you. :-)

Doug Rudder    drudder@drugfacts.com