   Re: [xml-dev] Programming for Markup vs. Markup for Programming

8/2/2002 11:17:06 AM, "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:

>I say it's time to kick those bums out.

Hmmm.  I sortof like  "accept the fact that we are
divergent communities that share certain core mindsets and technologies"
better than "kick the bums out.

>Developers who want concise representations of strongly-typed information
>should be asking themselves whether verbose textual formats are genuinely
>compatible with their needs.

As I argue in the "Keeping ISO 8879 Alive" post, I think there are
plenty of people who accept the InfoSet view of the world but don't
drink the PSVI KoolAid :~)