   Re: [xml-dev] Markup perspective not code (was RE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 09:09:28AM -0600, Aaron Skonnard wrote:

> You simply cannot ignore the large class of organizations turning to XML
> as an application communication mechanism where programs both generate
> and consume the XML messages used in the system. There are no "authors"
> involved because the subject matter expert in this case is the
> "programmer" that originally defined the data structures used in the
> system.

Of course we can't ignore that trend, but we can question whether it's a
good idea. Technological "progress" doesn't just happen by itself, it is
driven by human choices. We are human beings who have an interest in the
choices made about XML--and perhaps have a responsibility to inject an
ounce of wisdom into the decision-making process.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA