   Re: [xml-dev] Global/Local attributes

Seairth Jacobs scripsit:

> But it isn't just syntactic minimization.  Named namespaces and default
> namespaces are not they same.  They have different semantics.  You cannot
> necessarily use them interchangably.

Specifically why not?

Give me a document that doesn't use a default namespace, and I can map it
into an XPath-identical document that does.  The documents will also be Infoset-
identical except for the [prefix] property of namespace info items.

--
Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.
Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening, and wombfruit.
Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening, and wombfruit.
Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening, and wombfruit.
Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa!  Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa!  Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa!
  -- Joyce, _Ulysses_, "Oxen of the Sun"       jcowan@reutershealth.com